Personal Injury Claim Experts for Spalding
Nigel Askew Solicitors are a firm of personal injury claim solicitors and represent clients in Spalding and across the county of Lincolnshire. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident that was not your fault and are looking for expert legal advice regarding a claim, our personal injury solicitors can help you.
Our personal injury claim solicitors have more than 20 years of experience in representing clients living in and around Spalding, successfully win compensation. Whether you live in Spalding itself or one of the towns or villages nearby, our solicitors can help you claim compensation on a No Win No Fee Basis.
We are a local firm of solicitors that you can trust, to advise and guide you through the claims process with care and legal expertise.
Contact us today by calling 01507 609027 or complete the form on this page and one of our solicitors will contact you to discuss your enquiry in more detail.
Personal Injury Claims we can help with
Over the last 20 years we have handled a broad range of claim types and helped countless people claim compensation for injuries resulting from non-fault accidents.
We can help you claim for any of the following claim types:
- Accidents at work – accidents involving dangerous or faulty machinery, in warehouses, factories or construction sites, manual handling type accidents or claims arising out of poor working conditions
- Catastrophic Injury Claims – including claims for neck, brain and spinal injuries in serious car and motorbike accidents, as well as accidents at work
- Industrial Disease Claims – we specialise in claims for HAVS, work related upper limb disorders (WRULD), work related dermatitis, industrial asthma and musculoskeletal injuries
- Military Injury Claims – our expertise lies in claims for military hearing loss, non-freezing cold injuries, PTSD claims and training accident claims
- Back Injury claims — including workplace injuries from heavy lifting, pushing or pulling and from poor workstation conditions, as well as repetitive type injuries
- Serious Road traffic accidents — Serious and fatal injuries as a result of accidents on Lincolnshire’s roads
- Farm & Agriculture Accident Claims — we are able to advise the county’s large farming community regarding accidents involving farm vehicles and machinery, falls from height, falling objects and injuries caused by dangerous livestock
Serious accidents can have a devastating effect on the injured party and their family, which is why our personal injury solicitors aim to help make the process of claiming as stress free as possible.
How much compensation can I claim?
How long do I have to claim?
The amount of compensation you can expect to receive for your claim is dependent on a number of factors, the most important being the type of injury you have suffered and the severity of your injuries.
Every claim is different, however compensation awards for personal injury claims are based on a set of national guidelines called the Judicial College Guidelines. These guideline are published for the assessment of general damages in personal injury cases.
The latest set of guidelines (the 15th edition) were published at the end of 2019. Some example guideline amounts for injuries are as follows:
- Serious knee injury with long term problems – £20,880 to £34,660
- Leg fractures or soft tissue injury causing some long term problems – £14,320 to £22,130
- Serious back injury causing significant permanent impact – £59,120 to £70,490
- Serious shoulder injuries that cause a weakness of grip or injury that leads to restricted shoulder movement – £8,400 to £12,600
- Serious hand injury with significant loss of use of the hand – £23,110 to £49,350
- Serious neck injury involving fractures or damage to discs – £52,390 to £104,370
Every injury is different and your claim may be worth more or less than these figures quoted. These guidelines are purely used for illustrative purposes.
Claims are worth significantly more when “special damages” are factored in. Special damages include loss of earning claims and costs associated with long term care and rehabilitation. Special damages can increase the value of a claim by hundreds of thousands of pounds and in some cases, millions of pounds.
Contact Nigel Askew Solicitors today to discuss your potential claim in more detail.
How long do I have to claim?
The law in England & Wales states that you have 3 years after an accident to make a claim for personal injury.
In most cases, this 3 year period starts from the date of the accident, the date of a formal diagnosis or from the date you first linked your injury with exposure to the cause of your medical condition.
We recommend you contact us as soon as possible, to ensure that your claim does not fall outside of this strict 3 year claim window.
If you are unsure whether you can make a claim, contact Nigel Askew Solicitors now. Our friendly solicitors can advise you whether your personal circumstances allow you to make a claim.
Call us on 01507 609027.
How much does it cost to claim?
We do not charge our Spalding based clients any upfront fees to start a personal injury claim.
We fund all of our personal injury claims using “Conditional Fee Agreements”. These agreements are commonly referred to as either a “CFA” or a “No Win No Fee agreement”.
The nature of these agreements means that law firms take all the financial risk and not the client. If a claim fails, the law firm is not paid and the client does not have to pay any solicitor’s fees for their time. For taking this risk, it is common for law firms to agree with a client that they will be paid a % of the client’s compensation award at the end of a successful claim.
For more information about No Win No Fee agreements or to start your personal injury claim, contact Nigel Askew Solicitors today.
Why use Nigel Askew Solicitors to help with your claim?
We are proud to act for the people of Spalding and Lincolnshire in claims for personal injury.
We offer all Spalding based clients a free and no obligation initial consultation as standard, so we can build a picture of your accident circumstances and offer you the best advice we can.
During the claims process, we pride ourselves on going the “extra mile” for our clients. We regularly attend them at their homes to provide claim updates, take statements and sign documents.
We believe our personal service enables us to put together a stronger case for our clients, something which is simply not offered by larger firms in Lincolnshire.
How do I start my personal injury claim?
To start your personal injury claim today with Nigel Askew Solicitors, call us on 01507 609027.
Whether you have been seriously injured at work, in a road accident or in a public place, contact us now to see if we can help you claim the compensation you deserve.
- 100% No Win No Fee Claims
- Free Initial Legal Advice
- Over 20 Year’s Experience
Call Us Today
Claim for serious injuries as a result of an accident at work when the client’s hand was trapped in machinery.
Our client developed chronic pain in her shoulder and elbow whilst working in a food processing plant.