Compensation Claims in Nottinghamshire
Welcome to the Nigel Askew Solicitors website, we are a firm of specialist compensation claim solicitors and represent the people of Nottinghamshire in a range of personal injury claims for compensation.
From our offices in Louth, we act for clients across Nottinghamshire, the Midlands, England & Wales and abroad. Whether you live in Nottingham, Newark, Newquay or Nice, our team of compensation claim solicitors can offer you expert legal advice and representation.
We have over 20 years of experience in a range of personal injury claims including for serious work related injuries which could be in factories or on building sites, farm and agricultural claims, asbestos disease litigation, serious road accident injury claims, industrial disease and military injury claims. We can also help advise you if you have been seriously injured in a public place, such as a shop, high street or leisure centre.
To discuss a new compensation claim matter with us, please contact us on 01507 609027. We offer all new Nottinghamshire based clients a free and no obligation initial consultation and can usually give you an indication of the merits of a claim on the phone.
Compensation Claim Solicitors for Nottinghamshire
If you live in Nottinghamshire and have been seriously injured in an accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to claim compensation.
There are strict time limits in place to consider when making a personal injury claim, which is usually 3 years from the date or the accident or from the date of diagnosis, or from the date you first linked your symptoms with exposure to the cause of your medical condition, which could be noise, asbestos, vibration, chemicals or dust.
With this 3 year period in mind, we recommend to all clients that they contact us as soon possible to ensure their claim does not fall outside of this strict time limit.
Types of Personal Injury we can help with
The personal injury solicitors at Nigel Askew have many years of experience in representing clients in a range of personal injury claims.
We are able to represent Nottinghamshire based clients in the following types of compensation claim:
- Asbestos Disease Litigation – we have expertise in claims for asbestosis, pleural thickening, asbestos lung cancer and mesothelioma
- Catastrophic Injury Claims – including claims for brain and spinal injuries in serious accidents at work and on Nottinghamshire’s network of roads
- Industrial Disease Claims – including claims for HAVS and VWF, hearing loss, dermatitis, musculoskeletal injuries and work related upper limb disorders (WRULD).
- Medical Negligence Claims – specialising in matters involving cosmetic surgery, dental, birth and gynaecology and failure to diagnose
- Military Injury Claims – Our expertise lies in claims for military hearing loss, non-freezing cold injuries, PTSD claims and training accident claims
- Accidents at Work – including claims arising out of poor working conditions, in offices, factories and construction sites
- Back Injury claims — including workplace injuries from heavy lifting, poor workstation conditions & road accidents.
- Serious Injuries — Serious and catastrophic injuries can drastically alter the life of a victim, as well as those closest to them. Our team specialise in serious injury claims.
- Serious Road traffic accidents — Serious and fatal injuries as a result of accidents on Nottinghamshire’s roads.
- Farm & Agriculture Accident Claims — including accidents involving farm vehicles and machinery, falls from height, falling objects and dangerous livestock.
Contact us today to discuss your potential compensation claim.
What is my claim worth?
The amount of financial compensation you can expect to receive depends on several important factors including the severity of your injuries, the type of accident, if you are unable to work as a result of your injuries and how quickly you make a full recovery, if ever.
When deciding how much compensation to claim, solicitors in England & Wales generally rely on the Judicial College Guidelines for the Assessment of General Damages in Personal Injury. These are a set of national guidelines which outline the value of specific injuries and categorise them into bands, based on the severity of injuries.
For example, a back injury at work could result in compensation of between £6,000 and £20,000, depending on the severity of the injury. Whereas compensation for a severe brain trauma or paralysis could be as much as £337,700.
Other factors that make up a compensation claim include financial losses and expenses as a result of the accident. These can be loss of earnings and the cost of medical and rehabilitation care, which in some cases can be valued at several million pounds.
Use our compensation calculator to see how much your claim might be worth.
How we fund our injury compensation claims
We fund our injury compensation claims using Conditional Fee Agreements. These agreements are commonly referred to as either a “CFA” or a “No Win No Fee agreement”.
The nature of these agreements means that law firms take all the financial risk and not the client. If a claim fails, the law firm is not paid and the client does not have to pay any solicitor’s fees for their time. For taking this risk, it is common for law firms to agree with a client that they will be paid a % of the client’s compensation award at the end of a successful claim.
Our fees are mostly paid by the insurers of the negligent party and we do not require our clients to pay any upfront fees to get a claim up and running.
Contact Nigel Askew Solicitors
To speak to us about a new Nottinghamshire Compensation Claim for personal injury, please call us on 01507 609027 or submit an online enquiry using the form on this page and indicate the most convenient time for us to reach you.
Our solicitors offer all new Nottinghamshire based Personal Injury enquiries a free and no obligation consultation and can often advise you on the merits of your claim on the phone.
- 100% No Win No Fee Claims
- Free Initial Legal Advice
- Over 20 Year’s Experience
Call Us Today
Claim for serious injuries as a result of an accident at work when the client’s hand was trapped in machinery.
Our client developed chronic pain in her shoulder and elbow whilst working in a food processing plant.