Arm Injury in a Factory
Have you suffered an arm injury in a factory whilst at work? Was someone else to blame for the accident? Was the accident within the last 3 years? Have you been required to take time off work to recover and suffered a financial loss as a result? If you can answer yes to these questions then we recommend you contact us to discuss a new personal injury claim.
Welcome to Nigel Askew Solicitors, we are a firm of specialist work accident solicitors based in Louth in Lincolnshire. We act for clients across England & Wales so if you have injured your arm in a factory in Bracknell, Birmingham, Bexhill-on-Sea or Blackburn, we can offer you advice relating to a No Win No Fee claim for compensation.
Our team of specialist work accident solicitors have over 20 years of experience in winning compensation for our clients and during this time have won millions of pounds of compensation for them.
If you have injured your arm in a factory you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries, your pain and suffering and any financial loss you have suffered as a result of the accident.
To speak to one of our arm injury solicitors, call us now on 01507 609027 or submit your details using the enquiry form on this page.
Common types of arm injuries in factories
We speak with many new clients every month who have been injured at work in a factory. Some of the most common accident types we regularly see include the following:
- Arm injuries caused by heavy machinery on production lines
- Serious arm injuries involving moving vehicles in factories, such as FLT’s
- Arm injuries caused by tripping, slipping and falling accidents on construction sites
- Fractured arms due to crushing and squashing related accidents in factories
- Serious lacerations and total loss of arms due to dangerous or faulty machinery
If you have been injured at work in a factory within the last 3 years which has led to you having to take time off work to recover, we recommend you speak to us today as you may be able to claim financial compensation for your pain and suffering.
Call our friendly solicitors now on 01507 609027 to discuss a claim.
So, how do I start a claim?
Every new claim starts with an initial telephone call.
Our clients often tell us how hard they found making the first call to us, for fear of the claims process and how making a claim may affect their status and relationship with their employers.
We aim to make the claims process as straightforward as possible and support our clients every step of the way.
- We offer all clients who have been injured in a factory a free initial consultation during which we will take details from you relating to your accident and your injuries
- We will ask you questions about your accident and your injuries, so we can establish whether we can help you
- We may also need to see your hospital and medical records. With your permission, we can request these on your behalf. We do this so we can understand your injuries and how they have affected your life
- When we have a clear picture of how your accident happened, who was to blame and we understand the severity of your arm injuries, if we believe there is a good chance of you being able to make a successful claim we will offer to represent you on a No Win No Fee basis.
The claims process
Our solicitors handle the entire claims process, from start to finish, on your behalf.
Once we believe you have a good claim and we enter into a No Win No Fee agreement with you, all claims begin by us taking a detailed witness statement from you about the accident. This witness statement forms the basis for your claim.
All employers owe their staff a duty of care to ensure they are not at risk of sustaining an injury whilst carry out their duties. If your employer fails to provide you with sufficient training, carry out detailed risk assessments, maintain machinery correctly or fails in basic health and safety procedures then they may be deemed at fault for your accident.
Ultimately, for us to succeed in a claim we must prove that the cause of the accident was due to a breach of duty by your employer.
Throughout the claims process we regularly attend our clients at their homes to sign documents, take statements and provide claim updates. We believe that getting to know our clients helps us put forward stronger cases, enabling us to secure more compensation as a result.
We will work as hard as we can on your behalf throughout the entire claims process.
How long do claims take to settle?
All arm injury in a factory claims are different, each with their own set of circumstances so it’s difficult for us to give exact timescales on how long a claim may take to reach a successful conclusion.
Straightforward claims involving 2 months off work and 6 months of physio may take just 12 to 18 months to settle, whereas a more serious and complex claim may take 3 or 4 years to reach a successful conclusion.
You can be sure that the solicitors at Nigel Askew will keep you updated throughout the claims process and offer the highest levels of advice and support.
How much compensation can I claim for?
The amount of compensation you can expect to claim depends on a number of different factors, including the severity of your arm injury, whether you have been unable to work as a result, your long-term work prospects and if you require any long term care.
All successful arm injury claims may include compensation for the following:
- Compensation for your pain and suffering caused by your injuries
- Compensation for any lost earnings, past, present and future as a result of the accident
- Compensation for any adaptations that may be required to your home
Depending on the severity of your injuries and your current and future financial losses, serious arm injury claims can be valued between £25,000 to at several hundred thousand pounds and in cases where someone has suffered life-altering injuries such as an arm amputation, they can be valued in the millions.
To discuss a new claim with us, please call us on 01507 7609027.
How much compensation can I claim for?
The law in England & Wales states that you have 3 years from the date of your arm injury in a factory to start a claim.
This claim time limit is also commonly referred to as the “limitation period”.
We always recommend to our clients that due to the complex nature of personal injury claims, they should not delay in contacting us to start a claim.
Need more information or would like to start a claim?
If you have been injured in a factory and would like to talk to one of our expert solicitors about a potential claim, please contact us now by phone or by completing the online enquiry form on our website.
We are available to discuss your new arm injury in a factory enquiry now on 01507 609027.
- 100% No Win No Fee Claims
- Free Initial Legal Advice
- Over 20 Year’s Experience
Call Us Today
Claim for serious injuries as a result of an accident at work when the client’s hand was trapped in machinery.
Our client developed chronic pain in her shoulder and elbow whilst working in a food processing plant.