Special Forces Medical Discharge Claim

Special Forces Medical Discharge Claim

Have you been medically discharged from the Special Forces, due to a medical condition caused by your service? We can help you get the compensation you deserve

    Specialists in Special Forces Medical Discharge Claims

    If you have been medically discharged from any of the Special Forces, due to a serious injury, illness or PTSD related condition then you may be entitled to make a Special Forces Medical Discharge Claim for financial compensation.

    Welcome to Nigel Askew Solicitors, we are a firm of specialist personal injury solicitors and represent military personnel in claims involving the UK Special Forces (UKSF).

    Our solicitors act for a range of military personnel across England and Wales who have been medically discharged from their duties. Our clients have usually failed a medical due to injuries and conditions that they have developed during active service.  We represent clients that have been affected by hearing loss, non-freezing cold injuries (NFCI), PTSD or have suffered long term injuries due to serious accidents in training situations.

    Whatever circumstances have led to your medical discharge, our solicitors can offer you expert legal advice relating to a civil claim for compensation, which is also known as a no win no fee civil claim.

    Contact our specialist solicitors today by calling 01507 609027 or submit an enquiry using the contact form on this page and one of our experts will contact you at your convenience.

    Common causes of Special Forces Medical Discharge Claims

    Every week, our expert solicitors speak to military personnel who have been medically discharged from their duties, through no fault of their own.

    Some of the most common causes include:

    • Psychological and PTSD related injuries
    • Hearing loss or tinnitus due to insufficient PPE
    • Non freezing cold injuries
    • Full or partial loss of sight
    • Musculoskeletal Injuries caused by accidents in training scenarios

    If you have been reassigned, downgraded or medically discharged on medical grounds, because of an injury or illness you have developed during active service in the Special Forces then we recommend you contact us today, as you may be able to claim financial compensation.

    Free initial consultations for all UK Special Forces (UKSF)

    Whether you were part of the SAS, SBS, SRR or SFSG, to be told you can no longer serve within the Special Forces is an extremely bitter pill to swallow.  We recognise this is a stressful time for our clients so we aim to make the claims process as straightforward as possible.

    We offer all Special Forces personnel a free and no obligation initial phone consultation. During our call, we will ask you a number of questions to help us establish whether there has been a breach of duty by the MoD.

    Some of the information that we will require from you includes:

    • How and when your injury occurred
    • Whether you reported your injury to a superior and how that was dealt with
    • Information relating to your employment and medical history
    • Whether you were downgraded, reassigned or medically discharged
    • If you think you have suffered financial loss as a result
    • Information relating to your medical discharge
    • The type of work you carry out in civilian life

    To speak to our military compensation solicitors, call us now on 01507 609027 or submit an online enquiry form with details of your medical discharge and one of our solicitors will call you at your convenience to discuss if we can help you with a claim.

    How much are military medical discharge claims worth?

    Civil claims for compensation can be worth several hundred thousand pounds, depending on your circumstances.

    Every military claim is different and the value will depend on a number of factors, including the type and severity of your injuries and whether you have been medically discharged as a result.

    Military claims involving a medical discharge are often much higher in value than if you are still able to carry out your duties due to the potential loss of earnings and pension attached to the claim.

    For a free case assessment, contact Nigel Askew Solicitors today to discuss your potential Special Forces Medical Discharge Claim by calling 01507 609027.

    How long do I have to claim?

    The law in England & Wales states that you have 3 years after an accident, or the date of a medical diagnosis or from when you first linked your symptoms to your work in which to claim. This is often referred to as the “limitation period”.

    This 3 year limitation period is complex when it comes to military related claims, as exposure to noise or cold was often many years ago. However, our solicitors are experts in these types of claims so can quickly establish whether your potential claim has prospects of success.

    If you have been discharged from the Special Forces on medical grounds we recommend you contact us as soon as possible to discuss a potential Special Forces Medical Discharge claim against the MoD.

    Call us now on 01507 609027.

    How much does a No Win No Fee Agreement cost?

    We do not charge our Special Forces clients any up-front fees to get their claims started.

    If we believe your claim has good prospects of success then we will offer you a Conditional Fee Agreement. These agreements are commonly referred to as either a “CFA” or a “No Win No Fee agreement”.

    The nature of these agreements means that law firms take all the financial risk and not the client.  If a claim fails, the law firm is not paid and the client does not have to pay any solicitor’s fees for their time.

    For taking this risk, it is common for all law firms to agree with a client that they will be paid a percentage of their compensation award.  All of our other fees are mostly paid by the Ministry of Defence.

    To discuss a new Special Forces Medical Discharge Claim or how they are  funded, please call us today and we will be happy to answer your questions.

    Contact our Special Forces Claim Solicitors now

    If you have been injured and subsequently medically discharged from the Special Forces then you may be able to claim compensation.

    Call us today for a free and no obligation initial consultation on 01507 609027 or complete the form on this page and one of our friendly and expert solicitors will call you back to discuss your potential claim.

    Start Your Claim Today

    All claims are on a No Win No Fee basis


      01507 609027
      • 100% No Win No Fee Claims
      • Free Initial Legal Advice
      • Over 20 Year’s Experience

      Call Us Today

      01507 609027

      Recent Cases

      A serving army soldier sustained noise induced hearing loss when on tour of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.

      We acted for an army soldier who sustained a frostbite injury when on exercise in Canada.

      Find out how much you can claim with our compensation calculator

      It's really quick and easy, find out in 10 seconds.