Military Non-Freezing Cold Injury Claim Amounts
If you are looking for information relating to “Non-freezing Cold Injury Claim Amounts” then it is likely you or someone close to you is suffering with a non-freezing cold related injury and you are interested in speaking to a solicitor that specialises in these types of military compensation claims. If this is the case then the solicitors in our military claims team can help you.
Welcome to Nigel Askew Solicitors, we specialise in serious personal injury claims and represent military personnel across England & Wales.
If you have been exposed to cold and wet conditions for prolonged periods of time without being issued with correct or sufficient PPE and you have developed a Non-freezing Cold Injury as a result, you may be entitled to claim financial compensation against the Ministry of Defence (MoD).
Our friendly solicitors are available to speak to you, Monday to Friday or at a time that is convenient to you, so for more information about Non-Freezing Cold Injury Claim Amounts or to start your claim, call us today on 01507 609027. Alternatively submit your name and contact information using the form on this page and one of the NFCI team will contact you to discuss your claim in more detail.
Claiming against the Ministry of Defence (MoD)
If you have been diagnosed with a non-freezing cold injury due to your work in the military then you are entitled to claim against the MoD for compensation.
The MoD is an employer in exactly the same was as any other company in the private sector and has a duty of care to protect the service men and women they employ. They must provide a safe working environment and provide correct and sufficient clothing and PPE for the task at hand. They must ensure you are not at risk of sustaining injury or developing an illness and if they fall foul of this basic requirement then they may be deemed negligent.
NFCI Claim Amounts
We have many years of experience in representing the military in claims for Non Freezing Cold Injury and know what it takes to succeed in claims against the MoD.
There are several factors that typically affect the value of non-freezing cold injury claims for compensation, which include:
- The severity of your non-freezing cold injury symptoms
- Your age
- Whether you have been medically discharged from service
Although we are unable to provide an exact figure of how much compensation you may expect to receive at the start of a claim, we are able to show examples of successful cases we have worked on in the past for our military clients, which are set out below.
- We represented a member of the Navy claim over £300,000 for his non-freezing cold injury. He was not provided with the correct PPE during underwater training exercises and went on to develop a serious NFCI. He was medically discharged from his duties. He retrained as a fitness instructor in civilian life but was so sensitive to cold weather that he found it difficult to be outside in the winter months as it was too painful. He now works as a barman and suffers symptoms to this day.
- We represented a member of the Army to claim £286,000 for his NFCI claim. He was exposed to wet and cold conditions during training exercises in Scotland, Germany and Canada during his service. He was not provided with sufficient PPE or the correct footwear and when he complained to his supervising officer he was told to warm his feet up by doing star jumps and burpees in a completely dismissive manner. He developed a very serious NFCI which caused him to be medically discharged from service. He found it difficult to gain suitable employment in civilian life, causing financial difficulties. He suffers from NFCI symptoms to this day.
- Our solicitors also represented a member of the Army claim over £146,000 for his non-freezing cold injury. He was exposed to extreme conditions during training exercises in the Brecon Beacons and not provided with the correct PPE. He went on to develop a NFCI and was medically discharged from his duties. He suffers from NFCI related symptoms to this day.
The Non-Freezing Cold Injury Claim Amount above are real cases that we have settled on behalf of past clients. Your claim may be worth less or significantly more, depending on your personal circumstances.
If any of the matters above resonate with you then please call Nigel Askew Solicitors today on 01507 609027 for a free phone consultation now.
You can also claim for Special Damages
We offer all our new clients a free and no obligation initial phone consultation, during which we will ask you questions about your situation to help us build a picture of your claim.
Our solicitors will ask you:
- About your exposure to wet and cold conditions during your military career
- The PPE that was provided to you and whether that was fit for purpose
- When you first noticed your Non-Freezing Cold Injury symptoms and what you attributed your symptoms to
- When you first reported your symptoms and how you were treated by the supervising officers
- Whether you have been downgraded or medically discharged from service
After speaking with you and reviewing your medical records, if our solicitors believe that your potential claim has good prospects of success then we will offer to represent you on a No Win No Fee basis.
For more information on Non-Freezing Cold Injury Claim Amounts or to see if we can help you claim compensation, call us now on 01507 609027 or complete the form on this page and our solicitors will contact you at a convenient time.
- 100% No Win No Fee Claims
- Free Initial Legal Advice
- Over 20 Year’s Experience
Call Us Today
A serving army soldier sustained noise induced hearing loss when on tour of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
We acted for an army soldier who sustained a frostbite injury when on exercise in Canada.