Claim Amounts for NFCI Compensation
If you are researching “NFCI Claim Amounts” then our team of expert solicitors can help offer you the advice you need about claiming compensation against the MoD.
Welcome to the Nigel Askew Solicitors, we are firm of solicitors in Lincolnshire that represent military personnel from across the UK in claims against the MoD so whether you have been injured during training, been diagnosed with a non-freezing cold injury (NFCI), or your hearing has been damaged due to excessive noise without sufficient PPE, our team of military solicitors can represent you in a No Win No Fee claim for compensation.
Our friendly solicitors are available to speak to you, Monday to Friday or at a time that is convenient to you. Call us today on 01507 609027 or submit your name and contact information using the form on this page and one of the NFCI team will contact you to discuss your claim in more detail.
Claiming against the Ministry of Defence (MoD)
If you have been diagnosed with a non-freezing cold injury and now medically discharged as a result then you will certainly be feeling unsure of where to turn or what to do next.
From speaking to hundreds of clients over the years, the transition from a military career with long term aspirations to civilian life with a debilitating injury can be incredibly difficult.
It is your legal right to claim financial compensation if you have been injured or developed a serious medical condition during your time in the military. The MoD is an employer in exactly the same was as any other company in the private sector.
The MoD has a duty of care to protect service men and women and must provide a safe working environment and provide correct and sufficient clothing and PPE for the task at hand. They must ensure you are not at risk of sustaining injury or developing an illness and if they fall foul of these basic requirements then they may be deemed negligent.
The MoD should monitor and check for any signs of NFCI and ensure all personnel are fit and able to carry out exercises.
So, how much can I claim?
There are a number of factors that typically effect the value of NFCI Claim Amounts.
It is difficult for us to define exactly how much your claim may be worth without understanding the severity of your symptoms, whether you have been medically discharged from service and to consider your employment prospects in civilian life, with your ongoing NFCI symptoms.
We have helped many clients over the years to claim compensation for NFCI, including some of the following case studies:
- We represented a member of the Navy claim over £300,000 for his non-freezing cold injury. He was not provided with the correct PPE during underwater training exercises and went on to develop a serious NFCI. He was medically discharged from his duties. He retrained as a fitness instructor in civilian life but was so sensitive to cold weather that he found it difficult to be outside in the winter months as it was too painful. He now works as a barman and suffers symptoms to this day.
- We represented a member of the Army to claim £286,000 for his NFCI claim. He was exposed to wet and cold conditions during training exercises in Scotland, Germany and Canada during his service. He was not provided with sufficient PPE or the correct footwear and when he complained to his supervising officer he was told to warm his feet up by doing star jumps and burpees in a completely dismissive manner. He developed a very serious NFCI which caused him to be medically discharged from service. He found it difficult to gain suitable employment in civilian life, causing financial difficulties. He suffers from NFCI symptoms to this day.
- Our solicitors also represented a member of the Army claim over £146,000 for his non-freezing cold injury. He was exposed to extreme conditions during training exercises in the Brecon Beacons and not provided with the correct PPE. He went on to develop a NFCI and was medically discharged from his duties. He suffers from NFCI related symptoms to this day.
The NFCI Claim amounts above are real cases that we have settled on behalf of past clients. Your claim may be worth less or significantly more, depending on your circumstances.
If any of the matters above resonate with you then please call Nigel Askew Solicitors today on 01507 609027 for a free phone consultation now.
How do I start a claim?
Every claim starts with an initial phone consultation, during which we will ask you a series of questions to help us build a picture of your potential claim against the MoD.
We will ask you:
- About your exposure to wet and cold conditions during your military career
- The PPE that was provided to you and whether that was fit for purpose
- When you first noticed your symptoms and what you attributed your symptoms to
- When you first reported your symptoms and how you were treated
- Whether you have been downgraded or subsequently discharged
After speaking with you and reviewing your medical records, if our NFCI claim solicitors believe that your potential claim has decent chances of success then we will offer to represent you on a No Win No Fee basis.
See if we can help you claim compensation by calling us now on 01507 609027 or complete the form on this page and our solicitors will contact you at a convenient time.
Why use Nigel Askew Solicitors to help with your military claim?
Our solicitors currently represent clients in the Army, Navy and Special Forces in NFCI claims and are on hand today to help you.
We have years of experience in helping and representing the Armed Forces in a wide variety of military claims and our team have helped claim millions of pounds in compensation for our clients.
We’re proud to offer a personal service and unlike many of the larger firms that run military claims, all of our matters are run by senior solicitors with years of experience in winning high value personal injury claims.
- We offer a nationwide service
- We will fund your claim on a No Win No Fee basis
- A senior solicitor will represent you in your claim, from start to finish
- We know what it takes to win claims against the MoD
- We can help you claim for your injuries and loss of earnings and military pension
- We work with the best medical professionals and leading barristers in the UK
Contact Nigel Askew Solicitors today regarding your NFCI claim
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a NFCI as a result of exposure to extreme conditions without the correct PPE then contact us now to discuss a new claim.
Our solicitors can discuss NFCI Claim Amounts and advise you on the prospects of a claim.
Call 01507 609027 or submit an enquiry using our online enquiry form. Please indicate the best time for one of our solicitors to call you back to discuss your potential non freezing cold injury claim.
- 100% No Win No Fee Claims
- Free Initial Legal Advice
- Over 20 Year’s Experience
Call Us Today
A serving army soldier sustained noise induced hearing loss when on tour of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
We acted for an army soldier who sustained a frostbite injury when on exercise in Canada.