Specialists in Military Deafness Medical Discharge Claims
Welcome to the Nigel Askew Solicitors website, we are a firm of personal injury solicitors based in Louth in Lincolnshire. We specialise in serious injury claims and represent clients from across England & Wales and can advise you today on a potential military deafness medical discharge claim.
Our expert solicitors have over 20 years of experience in representing clients who have been injured and who have developed non-fault injuries and medical conditions, to claim compensation.
Due to our many years of experience, we will be able to quickly establish the prospects of a successful claim during an initial phone call so contact us today to find out if we can help you claim compensation for hearing problems.
We’re proud to offer an excellent standard of legal advice, representation and support throughout the entire claims process.
Call us today for a free and no obligation initial consultation by calling 01507 609027 or submit details of your enquiry using the form on this page.
How can noise be excessive?
If you are exposed to short bursts of extremely loud noise, which exceeds 120dB, then there is a significant risk of sudden and immediate hearing loss.
If you are exposed to regular noise of over 85db without using hearing protection then you are likely to develop hearing damage or permanent loss.
Similarly to employers in the private sector, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) owes its personnel a duty of care to ensure they are reasonably safe whilst carrying out their duties, which includes providing correct, sufficient and effective personal protection equipment (PPE), as well as ensuring there are strict protocols in place for ensuring it is worn and not removed.
Examples of hearing loss claims we have won
Some examples of military deafness claims our solicitors have worked on that involve a medical discharge are set out below:
- Our solicitors helped a member of the army claim more than £600,000 in compensation after he was medically discharged from duty due to his hearing loss. Throughout his career he was exposed to significant weapon noise, mostly as a gunner and later as a training instructor, when he was responsible for training soldiers on the HMG and GMG guns. Various types of hearing protection was provided to him over the years but it was not always worn and not always effective. Following a return from Afghanistan, he noticed a marked difference in his hearing and reported his hearing problems to the MoD. Ultimately, this led him to being given 2 hearing aids and to being discharged from service. In the outside civilian world, he worked as a self-employed tiler, earning considerably less than he had in the army. He claimed past and future loss of earnings and for his lost pension.
- Our solicitors helped another member of the army claim more than £300,000 in compensation after his hearing was damaged during service, which led to a medical discharge. The client was exposed to significant weapon noise throughout his service, with 90% of the weapons he fired being rifles. There was also grenade firing and C4 training and he later participated in “arduous” training courses in Canada and in the Brecon Beacons which involved weapon firing for weeks at a time. The client wore the hearing protection provided as much as he could while on static firing ranges. However the hearing protection provided did not meet his need for situational awareness and communication during exercises and deployment. The client’s discharge occurred so quickly that he had very little time to consider his options for income upon entering the civilian world. Having a young family to support he undertook work in the fitness industry but his income is considerably lower than it was as a soldier.
If you have sustained hearing loss as a result of exposure to noise and not provided with sufficient hearing protection then contact Nigel Askew Solicitors today for legal advice.
Call us on 01507 609027 to start your hearing loss claim.
Why instruct Nigel Askew Solicitors to help you claim?
We have a proven track record of success and are passionate about helping military clients who have had their hearing damaged during service.
- We are experts in military hearing loss claims
- We have a proven track record of winning military hearing loss claims and military deafness medical discharge claims for our clients
- If you have a claim, it will be funded on a ‘No Win, No Fee’ basis
- We will work as hard as we can to secure the highest award possible on your behalf
- Free and no obligation initial discussion regarding your potential claim
- Will attend clients personally at their homes throughout the claims process, or if they are still serving in the Armed Forces, at locations close to their barracks.
Contact our Military deafness solicitors today
To discuss a new potential military deafness medical discharge claim with us, call our us on 01507 609027 or submit an online enquiry form using the form on this page and one of our friendly solicitors will call you at your convenience (please indicate when best for us to call you).
There are very strict time limits in place when it comes to making a military deafness claim, so we recommend you contact us as soon as possible.
- 100% No Win No Fee Claims
- Free Initial Legal Advice
- Over 20 Year’s Experience
Call Us Today
A serving army soldier sustained noise induced hearing loss when on tour of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
We acted for an army soldier who sustained a frostbite injury when on exercise in Canada.