Established in 2013, Nigel Askew Solicitors is a modern law firm committed to providing high quality personal injury legal advice and representation to clients seriously injured in non-fault accidents.
From our offices in central Louth, we act for clients in Lincolnshire and across England and Wales in a range of serious injury and Multi-track claims.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and ambitious junior solicitor, Legal Executive or Paralegal to join our growing Personal Injury team here in Louth, Lincolnshire.
We are seeking candidates with at least 3 to 5 years post qualification experience in managing a varied caseload of multi-track claims, including RTA; PL; EL; ID including NIHL and HAVS; military claims including NIHL, NFCI and military accidents.
Experience is preferred but training can be provided to a suitable candidate.
The candidate will be expected to handle claims from the initial consultation with the client until conclusion, so must be able to independently manage and litigate their caseload.
Successful candidates will benefit from working alongside the Managing Partner and a senior solicitor within the personal injury team who collectively have over 50 years of litigation experience.
The candidate will gain valuable experience in litigation and strategy and there will be a genuine opportunity to be involved in the development of the department and for career progression.
The ideal candidate will be able to carry out the following duties:
- To manage an agreed caseload of clients, in consultation with the Managing Partner, to include a high percentage of high quality Multi-track cases.
- Be able to confidently engage and vet new client enquiries, on the phone and at face to face meetings
- To discuss the claims process and funding arrangements with prospective new personal injury clients
- To be able to work on a stand-alone basis, though supervision will be provided.
- Be able to fully risk assess, make own decisions, consider medical evidence, assess quantum and negotiate settlements to ensure a swift settlement of cases.
- To carry out all work in accordance with national standards, codes of conduct and quality assurance procedures.
- To assist in the overall development of the Personal Injury Department.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Must have good knowledge and experience of general personal injury claims
- Articulate and self-assured when dealing with clients
- Enjoy working as part of a close knit team
- High level of interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of funding, in particular Conditional Fee Agreements
- Ability and ambition to develop knowledge in niche areas of personal injury law
- Central Louth offices and pleasant working environment
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday, exclusive of bank and public holidays
- Internal CPD courses
- Training and development schemes
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Interviews may be conducted via Zoom or at a face to face meeting, depending on current government guidelines relating to Covid 19.
Strictly no agencies.
- 100% No Win No Fee Claims
- Free Initial Legal Advice
- Over 20 Year’s Experience
Call Us Today
Claim for serious injuries as a result of an accident at work when the client’s hand was trapped in machinery.
Our client developed chronic pain in her shoulder and elbow whilst working in a food processing plant.