Industrial hearing loss claim

When we are at work we put our health and safety in the hands of our employers, we trust that we can carry out our duties in a manner that does not affect our long term health and well-being. It is therefore appropriate that sufferers of industrial deafness can claim compensation for their industrial deafness by making a Personal Injury claim for loss of hearing against their employer’s insurers. I can help bring industrial claims for deafness throughout the UK for:-

  • Noise Induced Hearing Loss Compensation Claim: experienced as muffled, or deadened sounds, or difficulty in hearing, especially in crowded environments, or speech sounds. Noise induced hearing loss (industrial deafness) tends to occur as a result of long term excessive noise exposure without adequate hearing protection
  • Tinnitus: experienced as ringing or buzzing in the ears, and again likely to have been caused by long term noise exposure.

Noise Induced Hearing Loss and Tinnitus are all possibilities when excessive workplace noise is prevalent. Our hearing is sensitive and delicate, and it’s easy to take it for granted until it’s no longer there or as good as it was. Noise exposure is the biggest cause of hearing loss so it needs to be taken extremely seriously but often isn’t.

Various different workplace environments have been responsible for causing industrial deafness (noise induced hearing loss), for example: coal mining, ship building, textile manufacturing; factories; engineering; car manufacturing; and road drilling.

Can I Claim For Industrial Deafness/Hearing Loss?
How to claim for hearing loss: the key to making a successful compensation claim for Noise Induced Hearing Loss is that your employer did not protect you from that risk. This would include providing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as ear plugs and/or defenders, and additionally ensuring that you have received adequate training and instruction in the dangers of noise. They should also monitor your hearing by carrying out a industrial hearing loss test at regular intervals. I work with you to establish whether your employer failed in their responsibilities, and I investigate all cases personally ensuring your case receives my dedication, focus and legal expertise. This is crucial as claims for industrial deafness are difficult and need to be handled a specialist solicitor.

If you are still employed by the employer you think may be responsible for your hearing difficulties, please do not worry. All employers are obliged to have Employer’s Liability Insurance to enable claims to be made and paid, and additionally Employment Law protects your rights as an employee so your employment is not at risk.

Hearing Loss Compensation Claim UK Time Limit
How long do you have to claim for industrial deafness? Often the hearing impairment does not manifest until years later – I am an expert in understanding these cases, and getting to the root of your difficulties – as long as you bring your claim within 3 years of when your hearing loss became “significant” i.e. serious enough to do something about, not when you first noticed it, then I can help you make successful industrial deafness claims.

Noise Induced Hearing Loss Solicitors
How do I claim for industrial deafness? You need a specialist solicitor! I specialise in noise induced hearing loss claims, and I use my expert legal knowledge to personally undertake all such claims throughout the UK ensuring you receive the compensation you are entitled to for which I use a hearing loss compensation calculator. I am not a Claims Management Company, but a solicitor specialising in noise induced hearing loss compensation amounts. I carry out all such claims on a genuine No Win No Fee basis, believing you have suffered already and aiming to help you get the compensation you deserve without additional cost to yourself.

Contact Nigel Askew Solicitor
If you wish to seek no win no fee industrial deafness compensation for Noise Induced Hearing Loss or Tinnitus arising from your employment, get in touch with me on 01507 609027 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation. I deal with cases on a no-win, no-fee basis. There are no hidden charges.

Passengers injured on London buses

It is widely acknowledged that public transport such as buses, trains and the London Underground are amongst the safest ways to get around. However, with so many buses occupying the capital city, a London bus crash is not a rare occurrence. For passengers involved, this can be a distressing and often painful experience. But if you have been involved in a bus crash in London, you may be able to make a compensation claim.

London Bus Crashes
London is renowned for its thriving multicultural society, and a key part of that is formed by its impressive network of public transport. This includes the London underground, and the famous red London buses. Unfortunately, these are like any other form of transport and can be involved in accidents or crashes, sometimes causing serious injuries to passengers. This may be caused by:

    • Driver error.
    • A mistake or dangerous manoeuvre by another road user.
    • A mechanical fault or problem with the bus.

Bus users may also suffer injury because of slips on a wet floor, or falls caused by sudden jerky movement.

Making A Bus Crash Claim
If you have been injured on a bus, you may be entitled to make a bus crash compensation claim. This would be a personal injury claim that would offer some amends for the injury and distress caused in the accident. Common injuries suffered in bus collisions include cuts and bruises, fractured bones and whiplash.

People involved in a London bus crash may also find themselves suffering emotional effects and flashbacks long after the event.

Contact Nigel Askew
If you have been involved in a public transport accident or a bus crash in London that has left you injured, contact solicitor Nigel Askew, who is experienced in pursuing personal injuries suffered in road accidents. Call 01507 609027 or get in touch online for a no obligation chat about your injury and potential claim. All matters are dealt with confidentially and on a no-win no-fee basis.

How long do I have to make a personal injury claim?

It Is Important That You Bring Your Claim Within The Relevant Time Limit Otherwise You Will Lose The Right To Pursue Your Personal Injury Claim

You can contact me for free and no obligation initial advice about your case and the relevant time limit.

Strict time limits apply to personal injury claims which require court proceedings to have been started before the time limit expires. However, the time limits vary depending on different factors including where the accident happened, who you intend to claim against and the nature of your injury and accident (amongst other factors).

In England & Wales the time limit for bringing a claim is usually 3 years from the date the injury was sustained i.e. usually 3 years from the date of the accident.

However, it can vary and if you have suffered an illness or disease from your work, for example hearing loss, you generally have 3 years from when you became aware of your condition and that it might be related to your work. If you have a medical negligence claim you generally have 3 years from when you knew you had suffered harm as a result of your medical treatment.

If the case involves a child (someone under the age of 18) or someone without capacity to manage their legal affairs the above time limits will not apply. Someone under the age of 18 at the time of injury will have until their 21st birthday to start court proceedings.

If your accident occurred outside England & Wales different time limits may apply as other countries may have different time limits and they can be less than 3 years.

It is possible that a court may exercise its discretion and allow your claim to proceed outside the usual 3 year period. However, it can be very difficult to do this and so you should ensure your claim is brought in time.

Your best course of action is to contact me for your free and no obligation initial consultation to work out the time limit applicable to your claim. Do this, even if you think you may already be out of time as your case may be one where discretion may be exercised in your favour and be allowed to proceed out of time.