“What is a No Win, No Fee agreement is a question I am asked all the time.
It is important to understand what a ‘No Win, No Fee’ agreement is before beginning your claim.
A “No Win, No Fee” agreement is also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement or CFA.
Under the “No Win, No Fee” agreement:-
If You Win
If you win your claim, your opponent will pay the majority of your basic legal costs and they will also pay your disbursements (e.g. court fees, medical reports).
If you win, your opponent will not pay the following:-
– your basic legal costs which cannot be recovered from them;
– the insurance premium for the policy taken out to protect you against the risk of legal costs or if you lose your claim;
– my “success fee” which compensates me for the risk of not getting paid for my work if you lose your case.
Therefore, if you win, the insurance premium and my success fee only will be deducted from any compensation you receive at the end of your case. Unlike many firms, I will not ask you to pay any additional basic legal costs not paid by your opponent. This is where other firms charge you “hidden costs” which they will ask you to pay on top of their success fee and the insurance premium!
If You Lose
If you lose your claim:-
– I cannot charge you at all for the work I have done pursuing your claim;
– You do not pay the success fee;
– Your disbursements will be paid for by the insurance policy;
– You do not pay anything at all for the insurance policy but it will pay out of you lose!
Therefore, if you have the benefit of a “No Win, No Fee” agreement and you lose, you pay nothing at all*.
A “No Win, No Fee” or conditional fee agreement gives you security and peace of mind when pursuing your personal injury claim.
At the outset it is important that I assess the prospects of your case being successful with you and review all the funding options available to you. If it is your best interests to do so I will offer you a ‘No Win, No Fee’ agreement.
Please be assured that I will do everything I can to protect and support you throughout the claims process and I will keep you up to date at all times.
*Provided you have also taken out the recommended policy of legal costs insurance and have complied with its terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the conditional fee agreement.